TRAVELING IS REVEALING
Sometimes we need to talk to Mr. God..isnt it? After all he/she is the big daddy/Mamma of the planet and being that he/she is answerable to his/her folks. Not quite with that intention did I visit the Buddhist temple of Yonggungsa though. Yonggunsa is a beautiful Buddhist temple built by the side of ocean in Busan, South Korea. I recently visited the temple and Oh my good lord!! What an experience it was. Believe you me . The view from the temple was breath takingly spectacular. With number of people swarming outside the main temple, inside was quiet & calm. I decided to spend a few minutes inside the temple. I really don't know how and why but all the questions and doubts and complaints i've had somewhere at the back of my mind came to the forefront/whatever you may call it. It felt like i'm sitting in front of a person and talking to him without actually speaking. For a moment, I felt disconnected from all the chaos of the outside world and connected to someone unknown. I felt like someone was answering all my questions and explaining the reasons for all the troubles and complaints and everything else that I had in mind. My faith in the unknown or God or whatever you may call it was restored "WHEN I MET BUDDHA FOR 7 SECONDS". Yes, it was as short at 7 seconds and as long as an entire lifetime. I strongly recommend everyone to include this destination in their travel plan. Even if it doesn't satisfy your spiritual desires it would still be a visual delight for your eyes.
The beauty of traveling is that it exposes you to not just the external fears but also the ones you have inside you. It exposes you to the deepest of your fears and reveals the entire world of both vulnerability and strength to you. Traveling is revealing in so many ways.
Travel From Seoul to Busan Express Bus Terminal : 23,000 won (~20USD)
Travel From Seoul to Busan (KTX): 57,000won (~50USD)
Busan Express Bus Terminal to Haeundae Station (Subway): 1400 won (~1USD)
Bus No. 181 From Haeundae Station Exit 7 to Yonggungsa Temple : 1400 won (~1USD)
Entry to the temple: Free
Motel/Night: 40,000-60,000 won (~35-52USD)
I stayed at hotel ibis at Haeundae Beach which is a litte pricy (120,000 won/night;105 USD). There is a wide range of hotels to choose from in Busan. You can book one according to your need and budget.
Let me know if you have any questions.
If you like the blog, then please follow, subscribe and share.
***Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known- Garrison Keillor***
Much Love
Aditi
![]() |
From darkness into the light. The picture sums up my entire experience with Gautam Budha.(Yonggungsa temple, Busan) |
Sometimes we need to talk to Mr. God..isnt it? After all he/she is the big daddy/Mamma of the planet and being that he/she is answerable to his/her folks. Not quite with that intention did I visit the Buddhist temple of Yonggungsa though. Yonggunsa is a beautiful Buddhist temple built by the side of ocean in Busan, South Korea. I recently visited the temple and Oh my good lord!! What an experience it was. Believe you me . The view from the temple was breath takingly spectacular. With number of people swarming outside the main temple, inside was quiet & calm. I decided to spend a few minutes inside the temple. I really don't know how and why but all the questions and doubts and complaints i've had somewhere at the back of my mind came to the forefront/whatever you may call it. It felt like i'm sitting in front of a person and talking to him without actually speaking. For a moment, I felt disconnected from all the chaos of the outside world and connected to someone unknown. I felt like someone was answering all my questions and explaining the reasons for all the troubles and complaints and everything else that I had in mind. My faith in the unknown or God or whatever you may call it was restored "WHEN I MET BUDDHA FOR 7 SECONDS". Yes, it was as short at 7 seconds and as long as an entire lifetime. I strongly recommend everyone to include this destination in their travel plan. Even if it doesn't satisfy your spiritual desires it would still be a visual delight for your eyes.
![]() |
| Haedong yonggungsa Buddhist temple, Busan, South korea |
![]() |
| The main temple(Inside) |
![]() |
| The main temple(Outside) |
![]() |
| View from the temple |
Cost/Expenses to visit the temple
Travel From Seoul to Busan Express Bus Terminal : 23,000 won (~20USD)
Travel From Seoul to Busan (KTX): 57,000won (~50USD)
Busan Express Bus Terminal to Haeundae Station (Subway): 1400 won (~1USD)
Bus No. 181 From Haeundae Station Exit 7 to Yonggungsa Temple : 1400 won (~1USD)
Entry to the temple: Free
Motel/Night: 40,000-60,000 won (~35-52USD)
I stayed at hotel ibis at Haeundae Beach which is a litte pricy (120,000 won/night;105 USD). There is a wide range of hotels to choose from in Busan. You can book one according to your need and budget.
Let me know if you have any questions.
If you like the blog, then please follow, subscribe and share.
***Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known- Garrison Keillor***
Much Love
Aditi





No comments:
Post a Comment